Friday 29 October 2010

October 2010

Been back at Uni for a couple of weeks now, studying my final year. Confirmed my dissertation title as 'High Definition: Defined'. Will be discussing how HD technology has changed the world of cinema and TV, comparing it against older technology such as 35mm. Expect to see more info on that in the upcoming months...

After job hunting for a week or so a while back, I was offered 2 jobs at once - one at GAME and the other at Birmingham's largest cinema: Vue. Deciding that Vue would be more suited to my career, I accepted the job and had my induction 2 weeks back. Despite being on a 4 hour contract (it's what they do), I ended up being given 10x that which I would have to balance with a final year's load of uni work... Despite talking to my employers about getting more realistic hours that I applied for, little difference has been made and regrettably, I will have to hand my notice in. A degree is far too important to be pushed a side for a job comprising of 8 hours a day of cleaning up popcorn and nacho.

Also about to start writing my script for one of my final year films - a short thriller about a detective tracking down a dangerous serial killer. Been thinking of ideas about this film for years, so look forward to it!

Also just got back from Saw 3D and have a lot I want to rant about, so will post that in a seperate post later!

No comments: