Friday 3 December 2010

Another White December...

Well, before it was even December, the streets of Brum were paved with Snow and many were glorious with the nationwide school closures. Back home I've heard it's even worse, nearly 1 foot deep... That's crazy! It's also been predicted to be -10 at some point this week. Not looking forward to that...

I woke up to some unfortunate news today. My Mum called me up to tell me that Buddy (our family dog) died yesterday. He was only a year old. He was hit by a car a few weeks ago, but nothing fatal. He went in for some treatment yesterday and apparantly out of the blue, just dropped dead. It's the kinda news that's so shocking that you don't know how to react to it. It's a real shame 'cos I know how gutted the family will be...

In other news, still working at Vue but really will have to leave this week otherwise I won't be able to go back home for Xmas and do all the shit that I got planned. Investing nearly a grand on an SLR camera, the canon 550D. I've shot on it before and the quality rivals the HD cameras we use at uni, so hopefully I won't be so redundant to shoot things once I graduate. I'd like to get into freelance photography and make some of the dosh back that way but we'll see...

Completed most of my coursework now, just about finished a blue screen experiment I shot a few weeks ago - a Samurai showdown in a dojo. It's taken ages to play around with it but really got an understanding of Adobe After Effects now. Masking, key framing, lighting, timewarping... I know it all now which is awesome. It's also forced me to upgrade to CS4 which to my surprise, is actually SO much better than CS3. Won't be able to get CS5 until I get a 64 bit machine which sucks. I sound like such a nerd ranting about all this technical malarky. I guess I am.

So 2 weeks until I go back for xmas. Gotta work on my dissertation and got to have a completed script with complete shooting pre-production paperwork for when I get back. Shall be a merry time this December...

No comments: