Thursday 3 June 2010

Uprising

This week has been an interesting week. A successful week. An uplifting week.

Filmed Finding Flynn for 3 days this week, back to back shooting from between 7 to 10 hours a day and this has so far been the most succcessful short film shoot I've worked on as of yet. Got some real talent on board and we have some beautiful shots of the film. Been enjoying acting as the producer, things have been going nearly exactly to schedule, even despite the major drama at the start of this week. Got hopefully one more day of filming left to go and then the rest is in the hands of the editor...

Got up at 6 this morning to attend a rehearsal for a 12 hour paid shoot which I'm taking part in next week. Been my first real contribution to a corporate film/video production and has been a really interesting experience. Am beginning to learn how fine the line is for error. Acting as the DIT (Digital Imaging Technician) who essentially copies and checks all of the shot footage, logs and transfers and then gets the equipment ready for shooting again. A fairly straightforward process but one mistake could mean that a whole card full of footage is gone for good. Let's have faith that won't happen.

Got a phone call this afternoon from Big Button TV who have asked me to come in for an interview as I have applied for a placement there for a possible year out of uni to work in the industry. A really pleasing bit of info as they are the top company from those that I applied to and getting a placement there would be a dream come true.

I'm starting to feel that my career is starting to be recognised, I really hope all these projects get the green light!

1 comment:

Matt Steel said...

so proud of you man, your passion and determination is above anything I've ever seen