Saturday 15 October 2011

Ferals and new ventures

I need to remember to spread out these blog posts rather than cramming in all the content into each month... In any case, it's quite funny looking back at my blog post from the start of last month which reads 'I've managed to get quite a complete cut'. It's only been in the past few days that I'd actually call the cut of the film, complete.

Pickup shots, time lapse, audio mixing, colour correction, graphics, titles and credits is pretty much where my time has been spent since the last blog post but the film really has come along now. We've managed to arrange a screening in just under 3 weeks with a potential 200+ seats and I can confidently say that I'm very happy to show it off. The soundtrack that we got from our composer, Craig Goult has been terrific. It syncs up perfectly to the picture and really brings it alive.

We've got a trailer coming out next week and screenshots have been uploaded this weekend so at least everyone will have a slightly better clue about what we've been upto over the past few months! Really hoping we can push this into some film festivals. Finished the poster for it last night:


Asides from Ferals, been continuing on with the corportate video for ET4U. We've had around 4 shooting days so far with our final next week before heading into the edit. I've got around 7 videos to cut together lasting between 60 seconds - 3 minutes so will be a lot of work to do but quite a bit to add to my new show reel which I need to do once Ferals and this video are finished. Fingers crossed that once this first corporate vid is it'll lead onto some more paid work!

Additionally, will be shooting a music video in December for an upcoming band, Hullabaloo. More info on that soon.

No comments: