Wednesday 2 November 2011

The Big Screen

Today is the day. The final deadline, the big premiere. No more turning back now, in 20 hours, we will be screening the complete edit of Ferals!

It's such a relief to say that the project is now complete. The production has taken around 5 months in total but I can confidently say that this is the best looking production I have under my belt at the moment. I have over 50 boxed copies of the film sitting next to me and those will all be gone in 24 hours. The amount of people that contributed to the film is astounding and it really shows. Unfortunately, we've missed most of the film festivals I had planned to enter this year but we'll have a chance next year. Guess it's better to have a complete cut to enter rather than something rushed anyhow!

I've rewarded my editing struggles with a new editing laptop now. i7, 8GB Ram, 2GB Graphics, it's a beast and hopefully an investment as it should save a lot of time on some upcoming projects later this year which I've commited myself to. It's nice to now have an editing machine that has a left audio channel, can accept batteries, can work without being plugged into the mains and doesn't overheat if not thoroughly ventilated...

In other news, finished shooting the ET4U production and beginning the edit on the several videos for the project. Hullaballoo music video is being pushed back to next year but looks like a new music vid opportunity may be coming in Bristol. And lastly, Breaking Bad Season 4 WAS FUCKING AMAZING. That is all.

No comments: